It is normal to have problems with the plate heat exchanger, but it is necessary to know the cause and solution so that our machine can be used for a longer period of time. There are many reasons for leaks. For different reasons, the method of handling the leakage of the plate heat exchanger is also different.
1. Causes of external leakage of plate heat exchanger
(1) The clamping dimensions are not in place, the dimensions are not uniform (the deviation of the dimensions should not exceed 3mm) or the clamping bolts of the plate heat exchanger are loose.
(2) Part of the gasket is out of the sealing groove, the main sealing surface of the gasket is dirty, the gasket is damaged or the gasket is aged.
(3) The plate is deformed, and the assembly dislocation causes the running rubber gaskets
(4) There is a crack in the sealing groove portion or the two sealing regions of the heat exchanger sheet
2. Plate heat exchanger leakage treatment method
(1) In the no-pressure state, re-equalize the clamping device according to the clamping dimensions provided by the manufacturer. The deviation of the compression size shall not exceed ±0.2N (mm) (N is the total number of plates), and the parallelism between the two compression plates shall be kept within 2 mm.
(2) Mark the outer leakage part, then disassemble the plate heat exchanger to check one by one, then reassemble or replace the gasket and the plate.
(3) Disassemble the heat exchanger, repair the plate deformed parts or replace the plates. When there is no spare part for the plate, the deformed plate can be temporarily removed and reassembled.
(4) When reassembling the disassembled panel, the panel surface should be cleaned. The plate heat exchanger prevents dirt from adhering to the gasket sealing surface.