Plate heat exchanger is a high-efficiency heat exchanger formed by stacking a series of metal sheets with a herringbone corrugated shape. Plate cooler is a very important equipment in the refrigeration industry. Now more and more processes are beginning to require refrigeration technology, but sudden failures of plate coolers have also been found in many sites. What is the cause of the failure of the plate cooler?
1. Design failure of plate heat exchanger
(1) An oil return filter is installed at the oil outlet of the plate cooler. This affects the impact force problem and leads to a reduction in the life of the cooler.
(2) The pressure of the water supply of the cooler is too large or unstable. This situation often occurs when the process level is too high or cannot be reached. A pressure reducing valve can be provided.
(3) The parameter values set during design are quite different, which directly affects the efficiency of the plate cooler.
2. Operation failure of plate heat exchanger
(1) The use unit has not been trained or the specifications provided by the manufacturer have caused the heat exchange equipment to malfunction during use.
(2) The water supply link adopts manual control, and the probability of operation failure in this step is relatively large. Generally, centralized control operations are used.
(3) The plate heat exchange equipment has not been maintained for a long time. The coolers are cleaned and maintained according to a prescribed cycle, especially for coolers used in high-acid and high-alkali media.
(4) The cooling medium does not meet the requirements of the equipment. We need to use a cooler suitable for our process. Not all media use a cooler, which can cause corrosion or scaling.