The plate heat exchanger is a new type of high efficiency heat exchanger. Thin rectangular channels can be formed between each plate, and heat exchange can be realized through the plates. The equipment can realize liquid-liquid and liquid-vapor exchange. The heat transfer plate of the plate heat exchanger mainly plays a role of heat exchange, and usually the corrugations can be made into herringbone. The fluid medium is different, and the heat transfer plate material is also different. In most cases, stainless steel and titanium materials are used. The sealing gasket of the plate heat exchanger mainly serves as a seal between the heat exchange plates.
(1) The thermal efficiency is very high. Generally speaking, the heat transfer coefficient K value of the plate heat exchanger is in the range of 3000～6000W/m2.oC. The plate heat exchanger only needs 1/2 to 1/4 of the area of the shell-and-tube plate heat exchanger to achieve the same heat exchange effect.
(2) The heat exchanger occupies a small area and is easy to maintain. The structure of the plate heat exchanger is extremely compact, and under the condition of equal heat transfer, the space occupied is only 1/2 to 1/3 of the shell-and-tube plate heat exchanger.
(3) It is safe and reliable to use. Two seals are designed on the sealing device between the plates. At the same time, there is a signal hole, once leakage occurs, it can be discharged to the outside of the heat exchanger.
(4) The heat loss is small. Due to the compact structure and small size, the outer surface area of the plate heat exchanger is also small, and the heat loss is also small. Insulation is usually not required.
(5) Less resistance loss. Under the same heat transfer coefficient, if the plate heat exchanger selects a reasonable flow rate, the resistance loss can be controlled within 1/3 of the shell-and-tube plate heat exchanger.