Plate Heat Exchanger Benefits
A plate heat exchanger is a high-efficiency heat exchanger that is assembled from a series of metal sheets with a certain corrugated shape. A thin rectangular channel is formed between the various sheets, and heat is exchanged through the sheets. Plate heat exchanger is ideal for heat exchange between liquid-liquid and liquid-vapor.
(1) Great adaptability. The required heat transfer area can be achieved by increasing or decreasing the heat exchanger plates.. A gasketed heat exchanger can be divided into several units to accommodate simultaneous heating or cooling of several fluids.
(2) Compact structure, small size and low consumables. The heat transfer area per cubic meter of volume can reach 250 ㎡, and only about 15 kg of metal per square meter of heat transfer surface.
(3) The heat transfer coefficient is high. The plate heat exchanger has a small flow path, the plate is a wave shape, and the section change is complicated, so that the flow direction and the flow velocity of the fluid are constantly changed, the fluid disturbance is increased, and the turbulence can be achieved at a small flow rate, which has a high Heat transfer coefficient. It is especially suitable for liquid-liquid heat exchange and fluid heat exchange with large radiance.
(4) The fouling coefficient is small. Due to the large flow disturbance, the dirt is not easy to deposit; the plate used is good in material and rarely corroded, which makes the fouling coefficient smaller.
(5) Easy to remove and wash and repair.
(6) The heat transfer coefficient is high and the metal consumption is small, so that the heat transfer efficiency can reach 85% to 90% or more.
(7) The plate heat exchanger is mainly made of sheet metal, so the raw material price is lower than that of the same metal pipe.