The plate heat exchanger has the characteristics of high heat transfer coefficient, small pressure drop, compact structure, light weight, small occupied space, convenient combination of area and process. Plate heat exchangers have been widely used in food, machinery, metallurgy, petrochemical and shipbuilding, and become the leading heat exchange equipment in urban central heating projects. Leakage of plate heat exchangers is a problem that is often encountered during use.In order to ensure the normal operation of the plate heat exchanger and extend the service life of the plate and the rubber gasket, it is especially important to understand the leakage of the plate heat exchanger and its causes and treatment methods.
1.The main part of the outleakage of the plate heat exchanger is the seal between the plate and the plate, the two sealing leaking groove parts of the plate and the inner side of the end plate and the pressing plate.
2.The main characteristic of the inner leakage of the plate heat exchanger is that the medium on the higher pressure side is connected to the medium with the lower pressure side, and the pressure and temperature anomalies occur in the system.If the media is corrosive, it can also cause corrosion in other equipment in the pipeline. The stringing usually occurs at the flow guiding area or at the secondary sealing area.
3. Causes of leakage of plate heat exchanger
(1) The clamping dimensions are not in place, the dimensions are not uniform (the deviation of the dimensions should not exceed 3 mm) or the clamping bolts are loose.
(2) Part of the gasket is out of the sealing groove, the main sealing surface of the gasket is dirty, the gasket is damaged or the gasket is aged.
(3) The plate is deformed, and the assembly is misplaced to cause the running gaskets That is, the rubber pad runs out of the slot of the plate.
(4) There is a crack in the sealing groove portion or the two sealing regions of the sheet.