(1) The control parameters selected for the plate heat exchanger are the heat exchanger material, working pressure and design temperature.
(2) The heat exchanger should be selected so as to obtain a large flow rate on the side with a small heat transfer coefficient. And try to make the heat exchange coefficients on both sides of the two fluid heat exchange surfaces equal or similar to increase the heat transfer coefficient.The temperature of the fluid heated by the heat exchanger should be 10 ° C lower than the saturation temperature at the outlet pressure of the heat exchanger. And it should be lower than the working temperature of the water pump used in the secondary water.
(3) The fluid containing sediment and dirt should be filtered and enter the heat exchanger.
(4) If the flow rate is large and the pressure drop is small, a plate with a small resistance should be selected. Conversely, a plate with a large resistance should be selected.
(5) It is not advisable to select a sheet with a too small single-board area, so as not to have too many sheets. The velocity between the plates is too small, which reduces the heat transfer coefficient.
(6) When a plate heat exchanger is selected, the flow velocity at the interface of the fluid with the smaller temperature difference should not be too large. It should be able to meet the requirements of pressure drop.
(7) Choose detachable type or electric welding type according to fluid pressure and temperature.
(8) The heat exchange medium of the plate heat exchanger should not be steam.