The plate heat exchanger is composed of a set of metal corrugated plates.Comparison of safety and reliability of plate heat exchanger and tube heat exchanger。
(1) The plate heat exchanger uses a stainless steel baffle to separate oil and water. Stainless steel is not easy to scale and is not easy to be corroded by harmful substances such as acid and alkali. Plate heat exchangers rarely experience internal leakage. The tubular oil cooler uses copper pipes to separate the oil and water. Copper pipes are prone to fouling and are corroded by harmful substances such as acids and alkalis, which provide unfavorable conditions for oil cooler leakage. The copper tube is expanded on the tube plate, which may cause leakage of the copper tube of the oil cooler due to water impact, vibration or expansion quality problems.
(2) The channel between the plates of the plate heat exchanger is very narrow (usually 3-5mm). When the heat exchange medium contains larger solid particles or fibrous substances, it is easy to block the channel between the plates. However, the copper pipe of the tubular oil cooler has a large diameter, and smaller particles are not easy to cause blockage. Our factory installs a filter screen before the cooling water inlet of the plate heat exchanger to discharge sewage regularly.
(3) When the heat exchange is the same, the tubular oil cooler is heavier than the plate heat exchanger, which is about 5 times that of the plate heat exchanger. After replacing the plate heat exchanger, the load capacity of the 3.5m platform in the machine room is greatly reduced.
(4) Comparison of cooling water volume.
The cooling water volume of the tubular oil cooler is 480t/h, the cooling water volume of the plate heat exchanger is 245t/h (unit), the cooling water volume of the plate heat exchanger is 1/2 of the tubular type, and the cooling water consumption is greatly reduced. In turn, it reduces the installation costs of pipelines and valves.
(5) Comparison of maintenance costs.
The plate-type oil cooler has the advantages of safe and reliable use, small cooling water volume, high heat transfer efficiency, small footprint, easy maintenance, and high maintenance costs. However, the tubular oil cooler has the disadvantages of large load, poor heat transfer efficiency, and large area, and low maintenance costs.