The plate heat exchanger is a detachable heat exchange device composed of many corrugated heat transfer plates, which are compressed by rubber gaskets at certain intervals. The plate heat exchanger will fail due to various reasons during use.
1. Leakage occurs in the heat exchanger. Since the sealing periphery of the plate heat exchanger is longer and the plates are thinner, leakage may occur during use. Leakage can be divided into internal leakage and external leakage.
(1) Check whether the inlet parameters of the cold and hot media are consistent with the original design values. If it does not match, try to adjust to the original value.
(2) If the inlet parameters of the cold and hot media match the original design values, but the outlet parameters cannot reach the design values. The machine should be shut down, disassembled to check whether there is blockage or fouling between the plates, and deal with it in time.
(3) Disassemble the plate heat exchanger to remove the dirt on the surface of the plate, wipe it dry, and reassemble the heat exchanger.
(4) Light transmission and coloring inspection methods can also be used on site to detect waste plates.
2. The dislocation of the plates of the plate heat exchanger is prone to plate heat exchangers that have large changes in medium flow and pressure, and are multi-pass combinations and long-term use. After the plate is misplaced, sometimes leakage occurs quickly, so it must be dealt with in time. The main reasons for the misalignment are the deformation of the heat exchanger plates and the sliding of the gasket of the plate heat exchanger away from the gasket groove. The deformed plate and the gasket that slipped from the gasket groove should be replaced in time.
3. In the absence of maintenance equipment on site, the treatment method of the plate heat exchanger is to replace the plates with deformation, cracks, perforations, aging gaskets, and fractures.