The plate heat exchanger is a kind of high-efficiency heat exchanger made of a series of metal sheets with a certain corrugated shape. Thin rectangular channels are formed between various plates, and heat is exchanged through the plates. What is the reason for the failure of the plate stainless steel heat exchanger?
1. Plate heat exchanger gasket seal failure
(1) The plate heat exchanger is subject to material pressure fluctuations or the working temperature is too high
(2) Cracks and aging of gaskets caused by long-term use
(3) The plate is permanently deformed, and the gasket cannot be fixed
After the gasket seal fails, the plate heat exchanger needs to be taken out for maintenance, and an even number of adjacent faulty plates should be removed or replaced. If you do not remove the hot and cold media at the same time, the hot and cold media will be mixed.
2. Plate stainless steel heat exchanger is blocked
Plate type stainless steel heat exchangers have a small channel gap (3 to 6mm). Particles with a diameter greater than 2 to 3mm easily block the plate channels. Blocking is a phenomenon often encountered in plate heat exchangers. Blocking occurs when low thermal conductivity materials are present on the surface or channels of the plate heat exchanger. When the flowable interface path is reduced, the pressure drop will increase, which will cause the pressure drop of the equipment to worsen sharply. It causes the plate heat exchanger to become blocked and cannot exchange heat normally. The solution is to perform maintenance cleaning.