The cleaning of the plate heat exchanger should be based on the scaling situation. When the heat transfer effect cannot meet the process design requirements, it must be cleaned. From the point of view of energy saving and consumption reduction, if the heat transfer surface of the plate heat exchanger is attached with 0.2 to 2 mm of scale, the heat transfer efficiency will be reduced by 10 to 40%. Plate heat exchanger cleaning can maintain normal production and extend equipment life. Removal of dirt on the surface of raw materials ensures the implementation of subsequent production processes. What is the cleaning method and procedure for the plate heat exchanger?
(1) Plate heat exchangers are regularly inspected. The thermal efficiency is significantly reduced and should be cleaned when the pressure drop changes significantly.
(2) Cleaning work can open the equipment and clean it one by one. If the scale is serious, the board should be removed and cleaned.
(3) If a chemical cleaner is used, it can be circulated inside the equipment. If using mechanical cleaning, use a soft brush. Do not use a steel brush to avoid scratching the plate.
(4) After cleaning, the plate and the rubber pad should be inspected carefully, and the problem should be solved in time.
(5) After the equipment is rinsed, it should be wiped dry with a clean cloth. Foreign matter particles and fibers and other impurities are not allowed between the plate and the rubber gasket.
(6) During the cleaning process, the rubber mat to be replaced should be firmly bonded. Also carefully check for proper fit before assembly and wipe off excess adhesive.