With the increasingly mature technology of the heat exchanger industry, the application range of plate heat exchangers in industrial production is continuously expanding. Vertical plate heat exchangers have been used in food, machinery, metallurgy, chemical industry, petroleum, electricity, and central heating. So what are the uses of plate heat exchangers in the production of alcohol?
1) Cooling of lees centrifuge liquid.
The alcohol lees centrifuge liquid is the clear liquid after the separation of the lees liquid discharged from the bottom of the rough distillation tower, and its temperature is 80-82 ° C. Due to the higher temperature, the loss of activated enzyme activity is greater. Therefore, it must first be cooled by a plate heat exchanger.
(2) Secondary steam recovery of liquefied mash. Liquefied mash has a large amount of secondary steam. This heat can be recovered and used to heat process water, secondary steam condensate and lees centrifugal liquid in the evaporation section using plate heat exchangers, which can effectively save energy.
(3) Cool the fermentation mash. The traditional fermentation process often uses a snake tube cooler to spray the fermentation tank for cooling, but the water consumption is large and maintenance is difficult.
In recent years, the fermentation process of some alcohol plants used plate heat exchangers to cool the fermentation mash. The effect was very good, and no clogging was found.
(4) Condensation of alcohol at the top of the distillation tower. The Shanghai Alcohol Plant uses a set of plate heat exchangers to condense the alcohol in the rectification tower with an annual output of 5,000 tons of alcohol. It not only recovers waste heat, but also saves water. From the actual measurement of production operation, the resistance of the plate heat exchanger is lower than that of the original shell-and-tube heat exchanger, the top pressure of the tower is less than 0.03MPa, and the operation of the rectification system is not affected.
(5) Cooling of 95% alcohol products. The cooling water consumption of the plate heat exchanger is only 1/3 of the cooling water consumption of the coil heat exchanger, and the effect is remarkable.
(6) Cooling of anhydrous alcohol products. Plate-type stainless steel heat exchangers should be used for the cooling of finished alcohol produced by manufacturers of anhydrous alcohol.
(7) Spiral plate heat exchanger to replace mash. Due to the high concentration of mash, high viscosity, and high solids content. Therefore, when cooling the mash, the large plate heat exchanger with low pressure drop, wide spacing, and not easy to block should be designed according to the performance of the material.