The plate heat exchanger is a heat exchanger which is pressed into a corrugated shape by a thin metal plate, and then stacked and fastened by splints and bolts.What are the basic structures of plate heat exchangers? The plate heat exchanger is mainly composed of a heat transfer plate, rubber gasket, fixed clamping plate, movable clamping plate, clamping bolt and support column.
(1) Heat transfer plate:The heat transfer plate is the main component of the heat exchanger for heat exchange. Generally, the corrugations are made in a herringbone shape. The material of the heat transfer plate is different according to the fluid medium, and most of them are made of stainless steel and titanium.
(2) Heat exchanger gaskets:The gasket of the plate heat exchanger is mainly used for sealing and media guiding between the heat exchange plates. The materials are: nitrile rubber, EPDM rubber, fluorine rubber.The material of rubber determined by different kind of fluid.
(3) Fixed clamping plate and movable clamping plate:The pressure plates at both ends mainly clamp and press all the heat transfer plates to ensure that the fluid medium does not leak.
(4) Clamping bolt:The clamping bolts are mainly used to fasten the pressure plates at both ends. The clamping bolts are generally double-ended threads. When the bolts are pre-tensioned, the torque of the fixing plates is even.
(5) Support column:The pillar plays the role of supporting the entire frame