The plate-fin heat exchanger is composed of baffles, fins and side strips to form a unit body, a plurality of unit bodies are assembled into an assembly through counter flow or cross flow, and then a collecting box with a collecting outlet is welded to the assembly. Due to the light and thin material, the ratio of the heat exchange area to the volume of the heat exchanger can reach 4000 m2/m3. What are the performance characteristics of the plate-fin heat exchanger?
(1) The plate-fin heat exchanger has high heat transfer efficiency. Due to the turbulence of the fins to the fluid, the boundary layer continues to rupture, so it has a large heat transfer coefficient. Because the baffles and fins are thin and have high thermal conductivity, the plate-rib heat exchanger can achieve high efficiency.
(2) Compact. The plate-fin heat exchanger has an extended secondary surface, so that its specific surface area can reach 1000 m2/m3.
(3) Lightweight, because it is compact and mostly made of aluminum alloy, now steel, copper, and composite materials.
(4) The plate-fin heat exchanger has strong adaptability. The plate-fin heat exchanger can be applied to heat exchange between gas-gas, gas-liquid, liquid-liquid, various fluids, and phase-change heat that undergoes collective changes. Through the arrangement and combination of runners, it can be adapted to different heat exchange conditions such as counter-flow, cross-flow, multi-stream, multi-pass flow. Through the combination of series, parallel, series and parallel between units, the heat exchange needs of large equipment can be met.
(5) The manufacturing process of the plate-fin heat exchanger is strict and the process is complicated.
(6) The plate-fin heat exchanger is easy to be blocked, not resistant to corrosion, and difficult to clean and repair. Therefore, it can only be used in situations where the heat exchange medium is clean, non-corrosive, not easy to scale, not easy to deposit, and not easy to block.