The plate heat exchanger is a high-efficiency heat exchanger made up of a series of metal sheets with a certain corrugated shape. It is widely used in marine engineering, power energy, petrochemical industry, medicine and food, machinery and equipment, and HVAC areas. So what are the key points for the selection of plate heat exchangers?
(1) The control parameters of the plate heat exchanger are the heat exchanger material, working pressure, and design temperature
(2) When selecting a heat exchanger, we should try to make the side with the smaller heat transfer coefficient get a larger flow rate. And we try to make the heat transfer coefficients on both sides of the two fluid heat exchange surfaces equal or similar to improve the heat transfer coefficient. The temperature of the fluid heated by the heat exchanger should be 10°C lower than the saturation temperature at the outlet pressure of the heat exchanger, and should be lower than the working temperature of the water pump for the secondary water.
(3) The fluid containing silt and dirt should be filtered and then enter the heat exchanger.
(4) When selecting a plate heat exchanger, the flow velocity at the interface of the fluid on the side with the smaller temperature difference should not be too large. It should be able to meet the pressure drop requirements.
(5) For the case of large flow rate and low pressure drop, the plate type with small resistance should be selected, otherwise, the plate type with large resistance should be selected.
(6) The detachable type or the electric welding type can be selected according to the fluid pressure and temperature.
(7) The heat exchange medium of the plate heat exchanger should not be steam.