Plate heat exchangers are becoming more and more important in the industry. Plate heat exchangers are found in more and more industries. In order to ensure the normal operation of the plate heat exchanger and extend the service life of the plate heat exchanger, it is very important to understand the common faults and methods of the plate heat exchanger.
1. The operating conditions of the plate heat exchanger deviate from the process requirements
If the newly-launched plate heat exchanger fails to meet the process requirements, please carefully check whether the original design parameters, design calculations and assembly are correct. Then we can decide whether we should increase or decrease the heat exchange area and change the process combination.It is normal for the plate heat exchanger to start running. After running for a period of time, conditions that deviate from the process requirements such as increased or decreased pressure drop and medium outlet temperature increase or decrease.
(1) Please check whether the inlet and outlet parameters of the hot and cold medium are consistent with the original design values. If it does not match, please adjust to the original design value. If the inlet parameter cannot be adjusted to the original design value, the design calculation should be re-calculated to decide to increase or decrease the heat transfer area or change the process combination.
(2) If the inlet and outlet parameters of the cold and hot media match the original design values, and the outlet parameters do not reach the design values. Then stop the machine and check for clogging or scaling of the plates.
2. Leakage in the gasketed plate heat exchanger.Since the sealing periphery of the plate heat exchanger is longer and the plates are thinner, leakage may occur during use. The leakage phenomenon can be divided into internal leakage and external leakage.
(1) The external leakage of the plate and frame heat exchangers.
This refers to the leakage of the medium in the plate heat exchange equipment to the external space. This leakage phenomenon is generally easy to find. The main reason for this leakage is aging, corrosion or deformation of the plate. When such leakage occurs, mark the part of the leakage plate, then disassemble the device and take out the damaged plate to replace it with a new one.
(2) Inner leakage of plate heat exchanger.
This means that the two mediums in the heat exchange equipment leak the medium on the high pressure side to the low pressure side for some reason. This leakage phenomenon is generally not easy to find in time. The main causes of such leakage are perforation, cracks and corrosion of the plates. The method for discovering this kind of leakage is to often conduct tests on the medium on the low-pressure side and judge from the change of its composition. Please stop to check the perforated plate.