Plate heat exchanger gaskets are extremely critical components for detachable plate heat exchangers. The range of applications for plate heat exchangers is also largely limited by gaskets. The requirements for gaskets in extremely corrosive media are extremely high.The gasket of the plate heat exchanger is an important part, which has an important influence on the service life of the plate heat exchanger. If these gaskets harden and lose the proper elasticity, the heat exchanger may not operate normally.
The gasket not only seals the medium so that it does not leak into the external environment, but also prevents the mutual mixing between the heat exchange media. Therefore, the gasket is considered to be the most important and most needed for the plate changer demanding parts.
The field of plate heat exchangers is expanding, with different temperature, pressure and corrosion resistance requirements for different media and processes.It is obviously impossible to use a "universal" gasket to adapt to all situations, but different materials should be used for different situations.The field of plate heat exchangers is expanding, with different temperature, pressure and corrosion resistance requirements for different media and processes.It is obviously impossible to use a "universal" gasket to adapt to all situations, but different materials should be used for different situations.Commonly used gasket cross-sectional shapes are six-sided rows. Commonly used gasket types are natural rubber, neoprene, EPDM rubber, silicone rubber, fluoro rubber, asbestos fiberboard.If the gasket of the plate heat exchanger is leaking, broken or aged during use, it should be replaced in time. Replacement should be done in the following order.
(1) Remove the used gasket. Be careful not to scratch the gasket groove when disassembling.
(2) Remove the residual glue in the gasket tank with acetone, methyl ethyl ketone or other ketone solvent.
(3) Clean the gasket groove and gasket with a clean cloth or cotton yarn.
(4) Apply the adhesive evenly to the gasket groove.
(5) Attach a clean new gasket to the board.
(6) The plates with gaskets should be placed in a flat, cool, ventilated place ,then ddry before being installed.