In the alumina company's decomposition process, a wide flow plate heat exchanger is used to reduce the slurry temperature and increase the crystal size of aluminum hydroxide.The design working pressure of this equipment is 0.8MPa, the test pressure is 1.0MPa and the flow rate is 370m3 / h. The used pump has a flow of 370m3 / h, a head of 20-40 meters (variable frequency), and an actual operating pressure of 0.3-0.4MPa.Since the service life of this kind of working condition heat exchanger is about 2-3 years, the material side channel wears and leaks in the direction of the material flow.
1. The common problems of wide flow channel heat exchangers are (1) leakage occurs on the material side flow channel. First, it should be pressed to determine the leak point. (2) If leaks are noticeably found, arrange argon arc welding for sandblasting and polishing.
(3) If it is not obvious and the location cannot be determined, the leaky flow path must be blocked.
2.How to maintain wide flow channel heat exchanger
(1) All plugging is performed by using welding or adhesive plugging method for the leaky flow path. The disadvantage is that the flow path is completely ineffective.
(2) Partial plugging. Because the water side channel generally has columnar support, a seal is added here and it is carried out with pressure plugging. The advantage is that only one fifth of the flow channel may be blocked. The disadvantage is that the water channel gap is only 6mm wide.
(3) Install a U-shaped protective sleeve in the direction of the material flow. This method should be implemented before the equipment is put into use. It can be installed and disassembled, which can protect the material side weld joints. The inspection cycle of defects must be increased.
(4) Add abrasion-resistant materials on the material side, whether you spray or brush up, remember to implement before the equipment is put into use.
(5) The import and export direction of the material side channel was changed. The original feed port was changed to the discharge port, and the discharge port was changed to the feed port. At least the life of the equipment was doubled. The disadvantage was that your equipment was scrapped and could not be used .